Student Achievement: We believe the Harvard Public Schools inspire, prepare, and challenge all students toward academic excellence while recognizing that students reach their individual potential in different ways.
Personal Growth: We believe in helping all students attain a balance between academic achievement and physical, emotional, and social well-being so that they become productive, confident, and caring citizens.
Partnerships: We believe that students are best served when schools, families, and community share a common vision and are committed to open communication, mutual respect, and collaboration.
Resources: We appreciate that the Harvard community provides the necessary resources to best serve our students, and we hold ourselves responsible for the appropriate use of those resources.
School Climate: We believe that the Harvard Public Schools strive to create a safe and inclusive environment for students, faculty, and staff that values diversity and fosters respect for learning, self, and others.
21st Century Critical Thinking Skills
- Thinking Independently and Interdependently
- Developing Intellectual Integrity and Courage
- Refining Generalizations and Avoiding Oversimplifications
- Evaluating the Credibility of Sources of Information
- Comparing and Contrasting
- Making Interdisciplinary/Intradisciplinary Connections
- Expressing Oneself in a Compelling and Accurate Way
- Analyzing and Integrating Information
- Demonstrating Understanding Through Performance Based Tasks
- Developing One's Perspective and Understanding of Others
- Using Technology Effectively